Next to speaking in tongues, Music expresses the deepest feelings that our hearts wish to communicate. It can help communicate our highest delights as well as our deepest gloom. It is as such that music forms an integral part of worship as it can communicate to God our innermost thoughts, better than any well-rehearsed statements can.
David was a worshiper. He was able to communicate with God at that very deep level as only music can. He was also able to communicate to men about God at an equally deep level. No wonder he says, “Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and [b]not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations” Psalms 100.
PCEA Ciiko Church Choir is responsible for making special singing presentations in the Church services. Together with the praise and worship singers and instrumentalists they work to constantly improve the music, singing and sound systems in the church to ensure that communication and presentation of the Gospel message is clear, enjoyable and effective
To glorify God and impact lives through music and singing and attract people to the worship of God.
To become a recognize Choir group in Kenya and International with the ability to compose and record our songs, as we continue to further the gospel of Christ
To sing music that is theologically sound so as to communicate the message of the Gospel to the world and bring people to worship God through music.
To serve God by utilizing our musical gifts to sing His praises and tell of His salvation, Goodness and Love through songs
- Learn and sing different genre of music that seeks to glorify God and communicate the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Compose and arrange our own music an songs
- Bring members into fellowship with one another and into the worship of God
- Train and equip members with musical skills and experience useful for personal development, and preaching of the gospel.
Members who are interested or are skilled and gifted in music and singing are welcome to join irrespective of their age.
- To join Choir and/or Praise and worship, members must register with the music leaders and be commissioned by the Minister in a Church Service
- Members must attend rehearsals/practice sessions to be able to perform with the team.
- If not able to attend practice/rehearsal, one should notify the music leaders. If one fails to attend consistently this will be discussed between the person and the music leadership. If one is to be late in attending, notifying the music leadership is important.
- If one missed a rehearsal and wishes to perform with the members, one must be early for the before-service rehearsal.
- The first Tuesday of the month is a prayer and bible study day for the choir.
Choir meets every Saturday at 5.30 p.m. and also after the second service for practice.
- Chairperson: Margaret Ng'endo Njoroge
- Secretary: Gladys Wambui Maina
- Treasurer: Ruth Wambui Mwangi