WHO WE ARE (Vision)
To thoroughly equip young people in the Church with the Word of God and with knowledge and skill necessary to enable them to lay a foundation to thrive in life and godliness throughout their lives.
WHAT WE DO (MISSION)
PCYM exists to transform, equip, and build the lives of the youths in church by establishing a firm foundation in faith, rooted and build up in Christ (Col 2:7), and preaching Christ and him crucified (1 Cor 1:23) for a positive impact in society.
To achieve this, PCYM actively engages young people in activities that develop their Christian faith and character; train and grow their talent, skill, vocation, profession and social skills based on the Bible; encounter wholesome social support; and advance God’s Kingdom by influencing others to share these experiences.
OUR PASSION (STATEMENT OF FAITH)
- We believe God is calling and setting apart young people to show forth His glory and excellence in this generation
- We believe that by starting young, we can build a foundation that will continue to help the church of Christ flourish for years to come.
- We believe that God makes available an exciting and full life for young people right now, without having to indulge in sinful behaviour.
- We believe that life in God is never boring as the world may perceive.
- We believe the young people are the coolest people on the face of the earth with unlimited potential to accomplish significant things on their journey with God - follow and live for Jesus for the rest of their lives.
- We believe we have been called and commissioned to share the gospel of Jesus Christ with all whose paths we cross: our families, friends, and our world in order to build a Kingdom-minded generation that will take Christian transformation to all the Nations.
OUR AIM (OBJECTIVES)
- To be examples in speech, conduct (Action), love, faith and purity.
- To be rooted and built up in Christ Jesus.
- To be strengthened in the faith.
- To share and enjoy each other’s lives.
- To sharpen our gifts and talents through service.
- To unite churches that also focus on Jesus, His death and resurrection, empowering them to serve as they are called.
OUR CORE VALUES
- Love– Learning to love God and one another as God loves us. [“This is a place where I am loved.”]
- Acceptance– Welcome all with enthusiasm as Christ accepts us. [“This is a place where I feel like I belong.”]
- Discipleship – Making Jesus our focus and striving to be more like Him every day. [“This is a place where I see Jesus.”]
- Grace– Unmerited favor, a gift Christ offers freely; showing grace through practicing unconditional love. [“This is a place that I’m not judged.”]
- Scripture– Learning and growing in our understanding of God’s Word and applying it to our daily lives. [“This is a place where God speaks to me.”]
- Service– Following the example of Christ by serving others in the church, community, and world. [“This is a place where I am encouraged to make a difference.”]
The Teens’ ministry comprises of all young people in church between 13 to 19 years.
The Youth comprises of those from 19 years to 35 years and who willingly participate in the programmes and activities of the Youth.
Register online HERE as a member. Registration fee is KSh.50.00 only.
In order to serve and realize the above, the youth members annually elect individuals from among themselves to help provide leadership and coordination for their programs and activities.
2020-2021 Officials are:
- Chairperson: Isaac Wambugu Ngunjiri
- Vice-chairperson: Brian Kipchumba
- Secretary: Cynthia Wairimu Karanja
- Vice-secretary: June Esther Wambui
- Treasurer: Angela Wangari Muchai
- Vice-Treasurer: Faith Wanjiku Njenga
- Organizer: Patrick Muita Njoroge
- Patron: Elder John Njoroge Kinuthia
2017-2018 Officials are:
- Chairperson: Haron Wachira Gatere
- Vice-chairperson: Moses Kariuki
- Secretary: Mercy Wambui Irungu
- Vice-secretary: Weston Kariuki
- Treasurer: Judy M. Kenju
- Organising Secretary: Rufus Mukundi Nicholas
To be able to minister to each other and support each other effectively, the youth has a policy on membership registration, contributions, participation and moral/social support for their members.
- W645 (Wednesday 6.45 p.m.) weekly fellowship.
- Saturday music practice
- Sunday 11.00 a.m. Youth Meeting
- Retreats, visits, evangelism
Youth week on May 6, 2018
Commissioning will take place on
Images from tree planting; Youth week